HGA's work on the Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Building exemplifies our ongoing partnership with the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) over the years. The architecturally distinctive, midcentury-modern office building has been carefully restored while addressing new technology, sustainable initiatives, and modern workplace needs--positioning B.H. Whipple to serve the public well into the future.
Renovation highlights include:
- New landscaping and plantings on a 25-acre site.
- Restored travertine walls, terrazzo floors and elevator banks along a reconfigured Main Street corridor.
- Interpretive exhibits of regional geology and history.
- Flexible workspaces that meet programming needs for 13 federal agencies.
- Sustainable innovations, including a geothermal heating-and-cooling system and high-performance exterior.
For more information, visit the B.H. Whipple Microsite.